Installing & adjusting the camera angle
Rapta has a system of mounts that enable adjustment of the camera position and angle to suit your application. The parts are printed from a high temperature, ultra strong material called PETG.
Tools & Parts Required
- 2.5mm hex socket driver
- 4 x M3 6mm cap head screws
- 1 x 8020 mount
- 0 – 20 deg wedge kit
The angle of the mount is set by a part we call the “wedge” that has its designated angle written on the side. A positive number such as 4 indicates that the angle is 4 degrees and a negative number such as -4 indicates that the angle is -4degrees.
Installing the camera onto the mount
Video instruction showing how to install the camera on the mount is featured below, the key steps include:
- Screw the “wedge” to the camera body with the 3 x M3 6mm mounting screws.
- Slide the wedge into the mount, noting there is a 3mm hole where the locking screw inserts through.
- Insert the M3 screw into the back of the mount to lock the wedge and camera into place.
Verify the camera position
Adjust camera angle or remove or replace a part
Video instruction showing how to uninstall the camera from the mount is featured below, the key steps include:
- Remove the M3 screw from the back of the mount that locks the wedge and camera into place.
- Slide the wedge out of the mount gently supporting the mount with one hand.
- Unscrew the “wedge” to the camera body by the 3 x M3 6mm mounting screw.